What is "The Flow"?
Flow is defined in the dictionary as "to move with a continual shifting of component particles." Working with the flow can be challenging at times, due to people and coming at different times and the fact that we are still growing as a farm and learning as we go. We are an experimental farm and being an experimental farm sometimes our flow diverts to different unexpected areas due to different energies showing up on the farm. We have a basic flow goal we strive to work off of but sometimes we fail to met that goal. We ask anyone coming to help fill in the gaps they can, offer as much as themselves as they are able, and keep the flow going as one big community.
Why do we work "In The Flow"?
Emotions, feelings, and circumstances arise in which we are just pushing ourselves through an experience rather than enjoying the moment at hand. We have noticed that people that are inspired, have an output of energy 10 fold than normally. By allowing people to work in their natural flow of themselves, the possibility of wonderful things to arise is increased. Working in the flow can be descibed as "the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, flow is characterized by complete absorption in what one does and loses sense of space and time."
Community Season vs Introspective Season
The farm has two distinct season that occur. The community season features daily communal meals, daily activities, and plenty of community members for personal connections and growth. The primary focus of this part of the season is for interpersonal growth and community interaction. The introspective season has little to no communal meals or activities. Members and guest find themselves going inward with plenty of time to read and reflect. There are plenty of projects going on as this is the time the farm expands its infrastructure and bigger scale plans. The number of people during this time is significantly smaller than community season.
Intended Yearly Flow
- January - Introspective Season
- January is in the beginning of our dry season and things are still pretty green until the end of the month.
- February - Events
- We see two of our main events happening in and around February, Metamorphosis Gathering and Psy Retreat
- March - Rainbow Freeflow Month
- With so many people traveling to Costa Rica for events during this month we open the farm up to a complete freeflow of how it runs. This starts after the end of Psy on March 15th
- People here set the flow of the month.
- April - Community Season
- This marks the beginning of our community season. Community season has a core team which facilitates the experience for our guests/volunteers as well as the direct improvements in our permaculture plan and directive.
- May - Community Season
- June - Community Season
- July - Community Season
- August - Community Season
- September - Introspective Season
- September is when our season starts to come to a close and the start of the Rainy Season. This also marks the beginning of our introspective season.
- October - Introspective Season
- The Rainy Season is in full swing
- November - Introspective Season
- The Rainy Season is in full swing
- December - Introspective Season
- The Rains start to stop and we being to clean up the farm from the Rainy Season elements.
Intended Weekly Flow
- Monday - Maintenance, M.o.o.ping(organizing), Meeting Monday
- Tuesday - Town Run Day / Trash Tuesday
- Wednesday -
- Thursday - Men's and Women's Circles
- Friday - Local Artisan Market at 4pm
- Saturday - Listening Stick Circle
- Sunday - Personal Day
Intended Daily Flow
- 6:00 am - Yoga or Meditation
- 7:00 am - Morning Tasks on the Farm
- 8:00 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 am - Group Project or an approved project
- 10:00 am - Group Project or an approved project
- 11:30 am - Clean up workstations and put farm back in order
- 12:00 am - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Personal Project Time
- 2:30 pm - Personal Project Time
- 3:30 pm - Workshop slot
- 4:30 pm - Workshop slot
- 5:30 pm - Workshop slot
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 8:00 pm - Quiet Hours Start