Finca Morpho's Mission
Finca Morpho’s mission is to spread the seed of permaculture using love, compassion, and understanding for everyone and everything. Vigilantly caring for the seed, as it grows into a majestic tree, we watch as it blossoms beautiful flowers which is attracting the attention of many pollinators. By providing the pollinators with time and space to pursue their passions, we allow them to fertilize the permaculture ideals here and carry the pollen with them. In time we will all produce the fruit, which will proliferate into the new world by openly and freely sharing all knowledge and skills. Finca Morpho plans to change the world.
The Vision and Values of Finca Morpho
- Strive to achieve self-sufficiency and sustainability
- Strive to Understand, Love, and Cherish all life
- Understand and use the Co-Founders Agreements
- Share all information freely and openly
The Goals of Finca Morpho
- Produce as much food and abundance as possible through the guide of the Basic Permaculture Agreements
- Grow zone 0 by taking time for ourselves and acquiring as much knowledge as possible
- Spread education and empowerment to the people to take with them the tools required to create an abundant and fulfilling life for themselves
- Allow time and space for people to pursue their passions and tap into their power
The History of Finca Morpho
The farm was started by Ariel, Devon, and Ticon Storay when they moved from Arkansas to Costa Rica to follow their dreams in 2012. Organic fresh sustainable food was always a goal for the members of Finca Morpho and after purchasing the property, we found that the land was abused and lacked the natural ecology to produce the desired goal. In the Middle of 2013 Joshua became a part of the farm and became a Roots member and started the aquaponics project, Ticon's most desired project to see be created on the farm at the time. During the construction and getting-it-started phase of the aquaponics project, a lot research was being done and stumbled upon permaculture. Down the permaculture 'rabbit whole' we went and converted the land over to be a Permaculture Farm. Desiree Wells became a consultant for the farm and helped guide us in the direction we took. A year after Joshua joined the farm, Stephanie and Colton joined the project and became Roots members to follow their own dreams. Soon after they came to the farm, Stephanie, Colton, and Joshua all got their PDC (Permaculture Design Certificates) at Finca Tierra which gave everyone a glimpse at what the farm could be in 4 years or less. Since the other members have joined, we have all worked on ourselves, and worked with each other, on dealing with life's issues in order to resonate together as a whole collective.